tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 21 18:38:00 1997

Re: DaH qep'a' vIghoS

>Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:04:32 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Donald E. Vick" <[email protected]>
>
>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>> What does he mean with that "don't break the..." ?
>
>     He means that he hopes that something doesn't go wrong with it while
>he's away.  If anything does, he won't be able to fix it until he gets
>back.

Not that Lawrence fixes the list when it's broken anyway.  More like "stay
off the furniture, and make sure you check the date on the milk before you
drink it..."

>> Can somebody tell me exactly what is the qep'a'...
>> I know it is an annual meeting of the KLI , but what do they do there, ...?
>
>     Invade a hotel and talk Klingon for a week.  Classes, discussions,
>etc.

Something like that.  No pool this year, though.  Bummer.  But quite a bit
of great discussions, sessions, just plain shooting the breeze in English
but also casual chatting in Klingon, invading nearby restaurants, dressing
up and scaring the children (and in my case, running after one of the
children), playing games into the wee hours, belting out "taHjaj wo'" and
listening to David Barron's Klingon Opera (under development), practicing
betleH martial arts with Chet Braun/HetaQ, talking to Marc Okrand (who came
again this time), showing off talents at the cabaret...  My, it definitely
was fun.

~mark

Back to archive top level