tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 20 19:36:07 1997

The future of the New Words List

This is just a heads-up on the direction the New Words List is
headed. It has historically been set up as a centralized list of
corrections and additions to TKD so as not to conflict with the
copyright that Okrand has on that word list.

Soon, a new book will be released from Okrand with a title
something like "Klingon for the Galactic Traveler". It will
include a new word list. This list will contain some, but not
all, of the words from TKD, many new words we've never seen and
some, but not all, of the words from our own New Words List.

The new words in this new book will NOT be added to the New
Words List. In fact, any words currently on the New Words List
which are found in this new book will be REMOVED from the New
Words List.

What this means is that instead of getting your words from three
lists (TKD, its appendix and the New Words List), you will now
have four sources (those three, plus the new book). This will
give you all the more reason to put together your own word list
citing all these sources. Don't forget to cite your sources...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level