tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 17 19:29:33 1997

Re: Space Cadets, etc.

ghItlh William Cody:

>>>Dochvetlh jupvo' law' DaSuq, vISov.
>I was attempting to say,"You got many friends from that, I know"
>Where would the -vo' go? It has to go on a noun, and <jup>means "friend",
>so <jupvo' would be "friends from", and add <Dochvetlh>, you get "many
>friends from that". Is there a word to add to <vI>that would mean
>"sure"?I was refering to your message concerning the guidelines, and
>slapping some people on the wrists(not literally). How did I mess up?

Well, remember that the -vo' marker goes on the noun that would follow 'from'
in English. (naDevvo' yIghoS = Go away!) So you need Dochvetlhvo' jup law'
DaSuq. But are you really talking about 'that thing'? No - it's what I said.
And you are implying that I made friends because I said it, right? This is a
job for -mo'.

vIjatlhmo' jup law' DaSuq

Now - if you are sure of a verb's action, and you seem sure I made lots of
friends, use the verb suffix -chu', 'clearly, perfectly'. And since you are
perhaps being ironic (No! I make lots of friends!) -qoq could be put on jup.

vIjatlhmo' jupqoq law' DaSuqchu'

As for mistakes, nIDtaHvIS lujwI' quv law' nIDbe'wI' quv puS.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level