tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 17 13:49:44 1997

Re: Attatchments

: < Please do not send attatchments to this list. They cannot be interpreted by
: < the computerized listserv and come out, as you have seen as gibberish. If
: < you wish to share files of large size, please use direct e-mail or ICQ or
: < similar means.
: <
: < Qermaq >>
:
: Sorry, I did not know that. But I still don't know who is that picture.
: Should I send it to everyone that is on the list, or is there anybody who
: explicitely wants it?
:
: muHwI' StarDate 97541.9

Please DON'T post binary (graphics) files to everyone on this list!

Many of us--for either technical or financial reasons--have only minimum
text-only access to e-mail and can't handle graphics which appear as screen
after screen of programming garbage characters. Either ask those who are
interested (and have the necessary hardware/software to view them) to
contact you OFF LIST for a copy or, even better, put the image on a web page
and just give the URL of the file in your post. This policy is probably best
for any mailing list you subscribe to.

Of course, any announcement to a Klingon language list should either be
written in tlhIngan Hol about any topic or in DIvI' Hol about the Klingon
*language*.

End rant.  {{;-)

Voragh

Back to archive top level