tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 20:59:11 1997

Re: Yet another update to New Words

The next version of the New Words List will have this addition.
It was in my Pilot word list, but had not made the transition
yet. I can't bring myself to upload it for one word change,
however...

charghwI'

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:56:19 -0700 (PDT)  Bill Willmerdinger
<[email protected]> wrote:

> William H. Martin wrote:
>
> > As you see more problems, please let me know. For those just
> > looking for additions, you should note that I fixed an earlier
> > blunder where I falsely listed {woj} with {Say'qu'moH}'s
> > definition. HIvqa' veqlargh!
>
> Just one item.  I posted this to the list at the time it happened,
> perhaps you were not reading then (April).
>
> When I met Okrand at BabelCon in April, we "purchased" him at the slave
> suction.  His "official" duty was to clarify one word: {toQDuj} "bird of
> prey (type of ship)".  According to Marc, a {toQ} is an avian predator
> on the Homeworld whose closest Terran analogue would be a "bird of
> prey".  When I told him I had theorized that {toQ} might mean "scout"
> (since that's what a BoP is) he said, no, it's definitely an animal from
> Qo'noS.
>
> --
> Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
> tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'