tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 13:13:47 1997

Re: More New Words!

Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen wrote:

> Thaddeus Vick asked:
>
> > Could we use {mumHa'} to say "I don't like the flavor."?
>
> Ignoring for the moment a literal translation of "distaste," wouldn't
> something like the above suggest that it is the item eaten that is doing
> the tasting?  That can't be right.

     Er, I didn't mean that as the whole sentence, but as a possible
word that could be used in expressing the idea.  A possible sentence
would be {qagh mumHa' verengan}.

wIvqu', law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |       [email protected]       |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |