tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 06:01:21 1997

Re: KLBC: pIqaD

[email protected] on behalf of [email protected] wrote:
> jIHvaD muHwI' yIpong.

maj, muHwI'.

> wa' yu' vIghaj
> I have one question

{yu'} is not a noun, it's a verb.  You don't want to say you *have* it,
either.  Try it like this:

loQ Sayu'
I question you a little.

(Besides, you ask more than one question below.)

> tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pIqaD QaQ'a'?

If you're trying to say, "Is the KLI's pIqaD good," you've got the subject in
the wrong place.

QaQ'a' tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pIqaD?

> I really don't know how to ask that in klingon, but how much is the Klingon
> writing system that is shown somewhere in the KLI-Homepage canon

yItlhob:

tlhIngan Hol yejHaD "homepage" pIqaDHey tu'lu'.  tlhIngan Hol pIqaDna' 'oH'a'?

> and how much is it used by tlhIngan Hol ghojwI'pu' ?

pIj lulo' tlhIngan Hol ghojwI'pu'?

> I do not think it is difficult to read, you must just practice a lot. I
> copied part of TKW just for practice. You should make the pIqaD the "real"
> Klingon writing system.

The KLI's pIqaD is just a simple sound-to-character mapping.  I'm sure the
true Klingon writing system is more complex and interesting, since we know
that it maps well to the various dialects.  So, no, the KLI's pIqaD is not
canon, and we have no power to make up anything about the use of Klingon.

> BTW, is there a difference between {{:-) and }}:-) ?

Northern and southern Klingons?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian