tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 10:20:12 1997

Re: 'ul

TPO wrote:

> there is a word (in english) that has to do with electicity; the word is
> <joule>.  This new klingon word for a unit of electical shock is <'ul>.  Say
> them quickly; notice a similarity?   :)

That's not *quite* true; a Joule is a unit of work, not electricity.  It
equals 1 newton-meter (about .78 foot-pounds, IIRC).  Joule's Law refers
to the conservation of energy in electrical circuits.

That being said, there is a slight similarity, but I'm not sure it's
intentional.  Okrand used a lot of words starting with {'} in this card
set.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'