tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 12:27:08 1997

Re: lutHomwIj

[email protected] on behalf of William  Cody wrote:
> I was not saying the writer HAD to add it, just saying I would.  If I were
> reading a story, the sex of the characters lets you think of the character
> clearly.  I enjoyed the story, and in my comments I made a SUGGESTION that
> would enhance the readers experience.  I've said my piece.

When I write a Klingon story, I tend to forget about considering the sex of
the characters (I really haven't written any stories about parmaq . . .).  A
warrior is a warrior, male or female.  I will write the story, and realize
later that I never even though to consider the gender of the characters.
(Typically, they're male in my mind, but I rather like the ambiguity.  I don't
consider myself sexist, and I'd be just as comfortable considering all of my
characters as females.)

When they blast you out of orbit, it hardly matters.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level