tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 12:04:08 1997

Re: Qov's challenge

ja' peHruS:
>bong ghopDap chem 'elmo' romuluSngan Duj 'ej 'ul tlhegh ghorlu'mo' jor
>romuluSngan Duj QuQ
>
>The last couple of these deliberately tests the boundaries.

veH Daj QavwI'.  Whether or not we can extrapolate the meaning "field" for
the word {chem}, it's not the right kind of field to use here.  You wanted
something like {yotlh} or {yoS} if you need to translate "asteroid field"
literally.

{'ul tlhegh} sounds like a string of {'ul}s to me, whatever they are.  I
don't know what you intended to mean, but it probably didn't come across
the way you wanted it.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level