tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 10 19:49:50 1997

Re: A little activity, please

ghItlh William Cody:

>ghom jaw wIHHuj. qatlhbe' jatlh? repDaq jatlh wa' pagh.
>We are in charge of this chat group. Why not talk? No one's talked in hours!

*SuStel* jIHbe', 'ach Qaghmey vItu'taH jIH! {{:0)

Huj is a verb meaning "charge up". Not quite what you mean here. Try che'. And
is jaw a verb we can use as an adjective? I think this may be better.

jawwI'pu' ghomvam wIche'taH
We are running this chatter's group.

qatlh cannot, as far as we know, take a verb suffix. "Why not talk?" is kind
of an idiom - are you trying to say - ?

wIjatlhnIS 'e' vIHar
I believe we need to talk.

A little awkward in English, but perhaps more to the point. Other ideas?

-Daq is a locative - it specifies place. You speak of time - we need a new
approach. Also, pagh alone is none - we don't need a wa'.

qaStaHvIS repmey law', jatlh pagh
While many hours have passed, none talked.

>Just to have some fun, here's a challenge while the elders are gone.
>Answer the question:
>
>jagh Dun DIvI' 'Iv? ej' qatlh?
>Who is the Federation's great enemy? And why?
>
>with at least 5 sentences. Come on!!

Remember two things - Dun is "be wonderful" - not your best choice - now if we
spoke of enemies of Klingons, then perhaps! But Terrans don't see enemies as
wonderful. Also, jagh DIvI' is "enemy's Federation" - you've got them
backwards! But exellent use of the question words - majQa'!

DIvI' jagh'a' 'Iv? 'ej qatlh?

DIvI' jagh'a' 'oH DIvI''e'. Suv'eghtaH. QuS tIvlaw'. DIvI'Daq potlhbe'bogh
vay'  vuQ law' potlhqu'bogh vay' vuQ puS. yIntaHvIS ghobchaj pabbe' 'ej
HeghtaHvIS quvchaj lon.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level