tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 10 11:42:41 1997

??? New Word on MSN: {ngIb}

ghItlh Eduardo Fonseca:

>Apologizes for my ignorance, but what is MSN * jay' * ?

Let me explain for all the folks who may be uninformed. MSN is, of course, the
Microsoft Network, an ISP. They have a members-only site called Star Trek:
Continuum, which has among its features a BBS for communication with Marc
Okrand and a Klingon Word list.

This list is created by MO for MSN. MSN adds 'embellishments-qoq' to the
definitions, including poorly thought-out glosses and pronunciations. However,
the word and MO's gloss is there, so we can at LEAST be sure the words are
canon.

Members of this mailing list who belong to MSN - Steven Boozer, SuStel,
charghwI', myself, and others to whom I apologize for  not knowing of or
remembering - regularly post pertinent info fron the MSN resources to this
list, so there is no 'need' to sign up with MSN to get the canon info.

Again, you can only post to the MO BBS or visit the Klingon word list if you
are an MSN member. I don't think it would be appropriate to recommend you to
sign on with MSN in this forum, but they are the only ISP to provide the
aforementioned services. But, as I said, all the info found there will be
posted in here too.

DaH SuSov!

Qermaq

Back to archive top level