tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 08:53:41 1997

RE: A Certain Word: "nuqjatlh"

This was not originally my post.  I answered the original with a simple "Huh?"
Chet Braun
(HetaQ)

[email protected] on behalf of Chet Braun wrote:
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^

> I have recently heard the word "nuqjatlh" used in a movie that was not Star
> Trek. The
> movie shall remain unnamed.

Really?  Why won't you name it?

> I took the meaning of the word to be "Follow me!"
> If I am
> wrong will SuStel please give the correct translation to this word?

{nuqjatlh} is in TKD.  It is a greeting which means "What do you want?"

--
SuStel -- qoH vuvbe' SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level