tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 05:00:47 1997

Re: KLBC: Trainning the begginers

[email protected] on behalf of Neal Schermerhorn wrote:
> Ok - I'm not officially a 'beginner', but I couldn't resist.
>
> wa'	lutI' taHqeqpu'
> cha'	Qu' ta'laHbe'mo' romoluSDaq chegh 'e' tuH

It's spelled {romuluS}.

If you're talking about "they," then you need the {lu-} suffix.  {Qu'
luta'laHbe'mo'}.

Also, your sentence is saying that "they were ashamed that they returned to
Romulus."  You cannot "be ashamed something," so you wouldn't use {tuH} with
an object like this.  You've got to reword this.

Qu' luta'laHbe'mo' romuluSDaq chegh.  vaj tuH.
Because they cannot accomplish the mission, the return to Romulus.  Therefore,
they are ashamed.  (Then you can tie this in with why their ship exploded.)

If you're talking about a "ship," (possible, as the original question was
asking about the Romulans' ship, and not the Romulans themselves), then you
don't need the {lu-}, but I wonder how a ship can be ashamed of something.

> wej	peng baH romoluSngan yepHa' SoQtaHvIS chetvI'

Again, that's spelled {romuluSngan}.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian