tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 08 09:48:26 1997

Re: (non-canon) noun or verb

lab DloraH

& Warning to newbies; you won't find this word in any canon source. I
& know this word doesn't exist offically. I hope I don't start a
& debate about words being canon. But...
&
& Is yID a noun or a verb? :)

Neither.  It is a non-word.  It was used once, in a joke, as a verb.
It doesn't mean anything.  Mark Shoulson found the joke so funny that
he went into spasms of uncontrollable laughter and split his head
open on the table.  He still bears the scar. I didn't think the
joke was that funny, so maybe you had to be there.  You will
certainly have to be there for all future jokes of this nature
because with the way joke words become legend around here, there is
no way *I* am going to retell any, and I suspect Mark is sufficiently
mortified by the 'I' debacle that he won't either.

Seqram, qaStaHvIS qep'a' loSDIch, chay' bIQIH'egh 'e' DaHech?

 - Qov

Robyn Stewart                     [email protected]
NLK Technical Library  ph. (604) 689-0344 fax (604) 443-1000
NLK Consultants Inc. 855 Homer Street, Vancouver BC  V6B 5S2

Back to archive top level