tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 05 09:01:21 1997

Re: Analysis of new Skybox cards

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997 14:14:55 -0700 (PDT)  Bill Willmerdinger
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Alan Anderson wrote:
> >
> > ja' Qob:
> > >No new words in this sentence, but we finally see how Okrand uses
> > >{latlh}.  It is apparently a "pseudo-number" similar to {Hoch},
> > >{HochHom} and {'op}, and goes before the noun it modifies.
> >
> > The only example of {HochHom} we've seen places it *after* the noun.
>
> nuqjatlh?  baQa'!  I've got it wrong in my notes, then.  I didn't write
> down the source, either.  What's the canon?

HolQeD v4n3p5: {wa'DIch tlhIngan Dujmey luleghlu'pu'bogh rur
qItI'nga' Duj tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH wej HochHom
lo'lu'taH.} "Similar in configuration to the first Klingon
vessels encountered, the K'Tinga-Class remained in use for most
of the 23rd century." A rather strange reference, but I guess it
does follow the century reference...

> --
> Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
> tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'