tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 30 19:03:39 1997

RE: KLBC: "Conversational Klingon"

|January 29, 1997 9:19 PM, jatlh nImaq:
|>Could someone please tell me what is being said at the beginning of the tape
|>"Conversational Klingon"?  Just Klingon, if you can.  I'd like to figure out
|>the English for myself.
|
|Gosh, I don't have a transcription of what is said.  I never wrote it down; I
|just listen to it whenever I play it (which isn't all that often these days).
|Isn't this in HolQeD somewhere?  And I remember there was an attempt at it in
|one issue of QIb HeHDaq, but I wasn't too thrilled with the analysis.
|
|SuStel

Here's what I have (translation deleted):

tujqu'choH QuQ!
nughoS chaH.
chay' jura'?
Qu'vatlh!!
batlh maHegh.
cha yIghuS!
So'wI' yIchu'Ha'!
baH!
bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh.
tlhIngan maH!

charghwI' once posted a brief note about this scene to the list:

"There is, I believe, one woman's voice speaking Klingon in the
untranslated beginning to CK (which is subsequently translated on a tag
bundled with the Klingon "holodome" -- one of those glass balls full of
water and glitter that you shake, only instead of a snowscape, you get a
lit Bird of Prey and a sound chip with the same dialog and different
background music). Marc still says about half the lines, but there are
other actors mixed in as well."

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level