tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 29 15:28:41 1997

RE: KLBC: Questions & Announcement

January 29, 1997 10:52 AM EST, jatlh Christian Weisgerber:

> > > DaqwIj Danaw'lI'
> > > You are accessing my site. ( as in web_site_ )
> >
> > maj.
>
> I think it's far from clear that {Daq} is the correct or indeed the
> logical term for a "web site". This literal translation may sound like
> an obvious choice if you're used to English, but (e.g.) German does not
> use an analogous idiom.
> It *is* a very specialized technical term...

Actually, I forgot that one of the words in the TKD entry for {Daq} is "site."
 I always think of it as "location."  Now, a web site is not necessarily a
true location (although its computer usually is).

So, what's the German word for this idea?  How does it translate (either into
English or Klingon)?  Anyone else know other language terms for this concept?
A very common desire of new Klingonists is to talk about their web page.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level