tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 28 15:05:58 1997

RE: petaQ or P'Tahk

January 27, 1997 8:57 PM EST, jatlh Katie:

> Can somebody tell me  if there is any difference between petaQ and
> P'Tahk. I know petaQ is a curse but in "Faces" the Klingon B'Elanna
> calls her human counterpart P'Tahk I was wondering if this was supposed
> to be petaQ.

"P'Tahk" is some Paramount scriptwriter's "Anglicised" (sort of) version of
{petaQ}.  It's the same word, but one of them is a silly way to spell it, and
one of them is the correct way to pronounce it.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level