tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 26 19:23:30 1997

RE: KLBC- Your not wellcome here.

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, David Trimboli wrote:

|Finally, we put the two sentences together.  Notice that we're not commanding
|anything, we're informing.  (If you wanted to command, which would be in fine
|Klingon style, you'd simply say {yI'elQo'} "Don't enter!")
|
|pa'vam Da'el net chaw'be'.
|You are not permitted to enter this room.
|
|SuStel

A tad bureaucratic, though. If you really want it to refer only to
non-employees, another Klingon approach might be:

naDev bIvumbe'chugh vaj yImej!
If you don't work here, go away!

The {vaj}, as usual, is optional. I think it sounds better with.

Voragh

Back to archive top level