tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 24 05:40:50 1997

KLBC: Questions & Announcement

Greetings SuStel,

As the subject line suggests, this post contains some questions and an
announcement.

Questions:

I have been assembling some sentences for a Klingon-related webpage that I am
constructing.  (When it is online I will include the URL in a post.)  These
sentences are not set in stone, but are the working candidates.  I will use
any corrections and comments on these sentences toward any additional ones
later.

DaqwIj Danaw'lI'
You are accessing my site. ( as in web_site_ )

tlhIngan SoH'a' pagh tera'ngan SoH'a'
Are you a Klingon or are you a Terran?

tlhIngan SoHchugh vaj bIratlhjaj
If you are Klingon then you may remain.

tera'ngan SoHchugh vaj nom bItlheDnIS
If you are Terran then you must depart quickly.

DaqwIj DatIvchugh vaj juppu'lI' Daja'
If you enjoy my site then tell your friends.

vay' chotlhob bIneHchugh vaj jabbI'ID chongeH
If you want to ask me something then send me a data transmission.

pIj DaqwIj vIchoH vaj pIj DaqwIj DaSuch
I alter my site often so visit my site often.

DaqwIj yIlaD 'ej DaqwIj yItIv
Read my site and enjoy my site.

I also have been wondering about John M. Ford's Klingonaase.
I can accept that Ford's Klingonaase is an alternate dialect from a previous
Chancellor/Emperor or some remote colony of the Empire or something like
that, so my questions are more reality-based.  I understand that he is the
author of an influential novel involving the pre-Okrand Klingon language, but
who is he and what makes him qualified to rival Dr. Marc Okrand as the
creator of the Klingon language?  Why should/would anyone continue to use
this unofficial language now that Okrand has provided an official structured
language for the Klingons (not to mention the Vulcans)?
Were Ford, and the creator of the "Kardassi" language, sanctioned by
Paramount?  If not, why should we care about their unofficial languages?  As
an aspiring science-fiction writer myself, if I "create" the Pakled or
Yridian language in a novel will everyone start studying and using it?

SuStel, how long should I continue to address my posts to you?  At what point
is that not required? I realize that I am still on the beginner level, but
don't to want burden you any longer than necessary.

Announcment:

I have *found* my Klingon name while seeking visions in the fire.  From this
post onward I will sign off using Daw'ut as my pseudonym.  You may regard
this as meaningless, though you would be mistaken.  It carries literal
meaning, as well as being an adaptation of an Arabic name.
Daw'ut 'oH tlhIngan pongwIj.

" wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap "  -Kor  (TKW p.209)

Daw'ut
[email protected]

Back to archive top level