tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 22 15:25:47 1997

RE: KLBC translation

January 22, 1997 1:21 AM EST, jatlh Ryan Mundt:

> I received some mail recently and it had two words in it that I believe to
be
> Klingon, but I am unsure what they mean!  Any help in deciphering them would
be
> appreciated!
>
> #1  Kai
>
> #2  Kassai

These are not Klingon words.  The first looks like it might be a Bajoran word
we've heard on DS9, which represents the spiritual leader of that planet.  The
second looks like "Bassai," is is a master poet or song-writer for Klingons.
This is not a word in {tlhIngan Hol}, and we don't know what it means.
Perhaps it is a borrowed term?  Maybe it is a particular Klingon's name, who
was so good at it that others are named after him?

Where did these words come from?  I could be completely wrong about these.

> Okay, so I'm newbie!!!

And may you soon receive your TKD!

--
SuStel