tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 22 00:40:26 1997

Re: am i disturbed? YEAP!

> chay` <I'm disturbed enough> vIjatlh?
> <Don't disturb - I'm disturbed enuf> vImugh vInIDpu` (?? i don't think this
> turned out as i wanted - i meant: i tried to translate <....>)
>
> <HISujQo` - vISujlu` yap> lugh`a`?
>
> je tera`ngan <punctuation> (!?,.) tlhInganHolDaq vIlo`nIS`a` pagh
> <similars> vIlo'nIS'a'.
     I doubt that this is going to translate well.  It's a pun in English.
Puns are nearly impossible to translate.  I have great fun sometimes
telling my joke to tera'nganmey, who don't get it of course.

wIvqu', law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |