tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 05:09:09 1997

Re: Okrandian Vulcan?

McReynolds ([email protected]) wrote:

> Marc Okrand wrote the Vulcan dialogue from the movies;
> that much is in the back of TKW. I read somewhere (if I'm
> wrong, sorry) that he is still developing it, with plans
> for a "Vulcan Dictionary" to be published. Has anybody heard
> anything else along those lines?

Some of you who were at the qep'a' cha'DIch may remember a presentation
from a company named Future Call.  They held (and may still hold) a
license from Paramount for doing Star Trek phone cards in the USA.
The company received some major publicity a few years back for
hosting a telephone conversation between Shatner and Stewart, in
which thousands of people paid to listen in. They were also maintaining
several telephone entertainment platforms -- the kind where you call in,
and for a dollar/minute you can select from a menu which of several
prerecorded messages you want to listen to.  Marc Okrand had done some
branchs of one of the platforms as I recall.  In addition to the material
he provided about Klingon, he also gave a quick lesson or two on some
aspects of Vulcan.

I don't know if Marc is still doing this for Future Call (my impression
is "no"), nor have I been able to lay my hands on transcripts of those
recordings.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level