tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 04:02:58 1997

KLBC: Re: KLBC: translation (first Volley)

 > ghItlh [email protected] (Bill Willmerdinger)

 >> I suspect that the Klingon for "High Lord" would be something on
 >> the order of {joHquv}.  Note that "High Council" is {yejquv}, "High
 >> Command" is {ra'ghomquv} and Supreme Commander is {la'quv}.  {tlhIngan
 >> Hol} tends toward the use of "honor" or "be honored" (instead of "high")
 >> to designate such lofty positions.

 > Can I use vavquv, puqloDquv, and qa'quv for Father, Son and Holy Ghost
 > given what you have said about quv? This seems reasonable.

Hmmm.  I'd hesitate to go quite *that* far.  (Note that I said "I suspect..."
I was extrapolating from three examples, not citing a rule.)

I don't see a need to tack {quv} onto {vav} or {puqloD}; after all, it's just
"Father" and "Son".  {qa'quv} is probably acceptable for "Holy Spirit", and in
context I'd understand it.

Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

Back to archive top level