tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 11:28:35 1997

KLBC: Re: KLBC: translation (first Volley)

ghItlh [email protected] (Bill Willmerdinger)

>>> Yes, you did.  I think "High lord" is closer to {joH'a'} is than "god."
>>> (Some in the KSRP have used {joH'a'} as "god" or "God," and it makes
>>> sense, but I think it's a very specific usage for a very generally
>>> useful word.)

>> You're probably right... But it will still jar on me, since I've
>> gotten so used to it as [Gg]od. :)  But that's my problem.

>I suspect that the Klingon for "High Lord" would be something on the order of
>{joHquv}.  Note that "High Council" is {yejquv}, "High Command" is
>{ra'ghomquv} and Supreme Commander is {la'quv}.  {tlhIngan Hol} tends toward
>the use of "honor" or "be honored" (instead of "high") to designate such lofty
>positions.

Can I use vavquv, puqloDquv, and qa'quv for Father, Son and Holy Ghost given
what you have said about quv? This seems reasonable.

SI'IluD (this is the name I have chosen to go by, it is a new name for the list)

wa'Hu' jIboghbe'

Back to archive top level