tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 00:06:51 1997

Re: new words in dB format

In a message dated 97-01-14 08:21:52 EST, Bill Wilmerdinger writes:

<< inally, I have a file of "speculative" words, whose meanings aren't
defined
 (For example, {lItHa'} means "get off".  I speculate that {lIt} means "get
 on".  {nal} occurs in {be'nal}, {loDnal} and {nalqaD} and clearly means
"mate,
 spouse" but does not occur alone in canon.) >>

About two years ago I asked about {lItHa'}'s having an opposite word {lIt}
and what it might mean.  The BG at that time said that there was not
necessarily any logical opposite.  He pointed out that English has many words
beginning with in-, dis-, un-, etc.  He used "inept" as his prime example.  I
have kept silent until now; but, I think maybe even "inept" has a opposite:
 "apt."

So......  Good luck finding out the opposites you are thinking about for your
list.

peHruS

Back to archive top level