tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 21:14:11 1997

Re: Replacement proverbs

|Does anyone have a list of the replacements proverbs that came
|with the Power Klingon tape? If so, will you post them to the
|list or e-mail them to me? I seem to have lost the little card
|that came with the tape.

|-- torroS

naDev bIHtaH:

Set fire on the side when there is danger.
    DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'
To defeat the enemy, be ready to fight alone.
    jagh DajeymeH nIteb DaSuvrup
A great warrior is always prepared.
    reH Suvrup SuvwI''a'
The fire is always hotter on someone else's face.
    reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS
Only fools laugh while warriors die.
    Hagh qoHpu' neH HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'
The Fek'lhr strikes again!
    HIvqa' veqlargh

And here are the secrecy proverbs as well:

A day without secrets is like a night without stars.
    Hov ghajbe'bogh ram rur pegh ghajbe'bogh jaj
No one eavesdrops at an open door.
    lojmIt poSDaq Daq pagh
Knowledge of useful information may be unfortunate.
    De' lI' Sovlu'DI' chaq Do'Ha'
Secrets never cease.
    not mev peghmey
The stars will talk before I will.