tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 15:29:43 1997

Re: Okrandian Vulcan?

> When I read some people discussing the Vulcan language, it made me think.
 As
> we all know, Marc Okrand wrote the Vulcan dialogue from the movies; that
much
> is in the back of TKW.  I read somewhere (if I'm wrong, sorry) that he is
still
> developing it, with plans for a "Vulcan Dictionary" to be published.  Has

> anybody heard anything else along those lines?  If so, do you know when
it is
> planned on being released?  Hey, maybe then I will be able to speak four
> languages in even a rudimentary form (English, Spanish, tlhIngan Hol, and

> Vulcan)! :-)
>
> -mIqIraH

Unless Okrand has only recently changed his plans, no unfortunately this is
not true.  At the qep'a' wejDIch I had the opportunity to interview Okrand
for my clubs newsletter, and I asked him that very question.  He said that
there is a little bit more Vulcan than was used in the films, but not much.
 He did say that he someone had finished a complete Cardasian language, but
that he did not know who.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level