tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 06:48:46 1997

Re: KLBC: Vulqan Hol

>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 19:00:04 -0800
>From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
>
>When quoting something, you don't use the quotation as the object.  As
>described in TKD section 6.2.5, the quotation is stuck on either end of the
>sentence with the verb of saying.  Since this is the case, there is no object,
>and you would use {jI-}.
>
>vulqangan Hol vIHaDbe'taHmo' <Hachlaw'> jIjatlh
>
>or
>
>vulqangan Hol vIHaDbe'taHmo' jIjatlh <Hachlaw'>

I'm still not sure we've nailed this question to the wall.  Last I heard it
was still at least somewhat in question as to what's right.  Your points
make sense, but I'm not sure the evidence is watertight either way.

~mark

Back to archive top level