tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 17:35:33 1997

Klingon Anthem

On Thu, 2 Jan 1997 peHruS wrote:

|<< The very first word in the song is pronounced three
| different ways the three times she sings it; {qoy}, {Hoy}, and {voy}, if
| my ear serves me well.
|
| -mIqIraH >>
|
|Since I have been fortunate enough to see the anthem in print, the first word
|is Hoy', Congratulate!

Really? Who supplied it to you and how official is it?

The first line of the Klingon anthem is actually printed on the back of the
box the ST: Klingon game (Windows version) came in:
	"Qoy qey lIS puqloD..."   [sic!]
	(Hear, son of Kahless!)
It's on the lower right hand side under the photo of the Bird of Prey
Tagana (aft view) if you want to see for yourself.

If you have an official version, please share it with the rest of us.

Voragh

Back to archive top level