tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 07:13:39 1997

Re: Paramount Hol

          Please respond to [email protected]

          To:   tlhingan-hol @ kli.org
          cc:
          Subject:  Re: Paramount Hol

          > > yo' qIjDaq batlh botu'jaj!
          > >
          > > KLBC: Did I get that right?  I was trying to say, "May you
          (plural)
          find
          > honor
> > with the Black Fleet," but I'm not sure if my usage of -Daq was
appropriate.

          > It is correct.  After all, you've got to physically be "in" the
          Black
          Fleet to
          > gain honor "with" it, right?
          >
          > > Is there canon for this famous line?
          >
          > I don't know.  It actually took me a long time to determine where
          this
          "Black
          > Fleet" stuff came from in the first place.  I'm *think* Kurn
          mentions it
          in
          > the episode where he wants Worf to kill him, but before that, I
          think it
          was
          > only in fan fiction and Pocket Books.

>Actually, the cannon source is the Klingon CD.  The only thing >mentioned,
about the Klingon afterlife in "Sons of Mogh", is said by >Worf: "If you
die by your own hand, you will not travel across the >River of Blood and
enter S'Tovoqor."  The whole business of what the >Klingon here-after
actually is seems poorly established so far.  We >have *QI'tu'*, *
S'Tovoqor*, and *yo' qIj*.  Perhaps the black fleet >takes the honored dead
across the river of blood, like the ferry man >crossing the river Styx.

          >SuSvaj

          How about this.  On Earth there are many beliefs in the afterlife.
          it depends on who you are talking to.

          The shows obviously establish the ones mentioned above.  However
          I don't see why we can't use the Black Fleet as an option as well.

The Black Fleet is well established in Star Trek Fiction Novels.  It is
where Klingons go after they die and constontly wage war (KLINGON HEAVEN)
As far as tlhIngan-Hol is concerned is that we use the proper wordings.

Qapla'
may'qal ro' - ghojmoHwI'

PIC10191.PCX

Back to archive top level