tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 00:06:43 1997

Re: "Grammarian" 'oS nuq

In a message dated 97-01-13 20:15:08 EST, SuSvaj asks:

<< "Grammarian" 'oS nuq?  tlhIngan Hol mu' wIghaj'a'?

I have seen {pab po'wI'} used on this listserv and in HolQeD to express
"grammarian."

Beware, though.  From recent postings on this listserv regarding "canon,"
perhaps we should narrow our minds even further and use NOTHING from such
sources.  This means we get no words from even HolQeD unless they are clearly
marked as Marc Okrand's canon!!!  No expanded projects such as "Hamlet"
unless MO does them.

My feeling is that we could use more friendly, even heated, discussion.
 Discussion can lead to more openminded ideas.  When I first joined this
listserv, Will Martin and I disagreed most of the time.  Usually that led to
discussion from just about everyone else and comments from Mark Shoulson,
which usually drew us to (near) conclusion.  Once of twice thereafter
Krankor's articles dealt with our issues.  The issue of mathematical terms is
still up in the air.

peHruS

Back to archive top level