tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 12 15:50:53 1997

RE: Learning Klingon language

January 12, 1997 10:39 AM EST, jatlh Marchel veneman:

> Hi!

nuqneH?

> Who will help me learn the basics of the Klingon language by email?

You've come to the right place!  That's what this list is devoted to: learning
and discussing the Klingon language.  My name is SuStel, and I'm the list's
Beginners' Grammarian.  If you've got a question or three, just put "KLBC" in
the subject line and I'll make it a priority to answer it (the BG gets the
first shot at discussing the grammar and vocabulary of a beginner's posts).

To begin with, if you haven't already, you should visit the KLI's web site:
http://www.kli.org

Here you'll find information on the Klingon Language Institute, the Klingon
Language, David Barron's postal course, and how to order books and tapes
concerning the Klingon language through the Web.  You say that your local
bookstore doesn't have The Klingon Dictionary, so you may with to check this
out.  The merchant page was down recently, but I haven't checked to see if
it's back up yet.

> It doesn't have to be a real study project, just a few little things.

Ask away!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian