tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 12 13:13:01 1997

Re: nuqneH

>We have no idea how Klingons
>> > do it in {pIqaD}, [...]
>
>In an early 1995, Star Trek edition of "Entertainment Weekly", there is a
>section called, "The lost archives".  In the photograph there is an open
>copy of a Klingon version of "Hamlet" (Not the genuine KSRP version).  The
>whole thing is basically a joke, however it uses tlhIngan Hol and correct
>pIqaD (I learned the pIqaD alphabet from it in fact).  In the pIqaD text,
>the proper nouns are underlined.  I am not sure who wrote it, so I cannot
>be sure it's canon, but it's an interesting way of doing it.
>
>SuSvaj

I think using underling for proper nouns could be good. For the list
and e-mail, we could use the underline technique that we all know (e.g.
_torroS_). (Also, hitting the _ on the keyboard is slightly easier for
me than hitting the ~, probably because I use it more often.)

Has anyone learned how to write <pIqaD> with a ball-point (or similar)
pen? When I use a brush marked, the symbols look fairly good, but when
I use a pen, they just don't look right.

Qapla'

-- Thornton

Back to archive top level