tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 07 18:59:08 1997

RE: KLBC: Translation Practice

7 Jan 1997 ghItlh Sustel:
|January 06, 1997 11:26 PM, jatlh [email protected]:
|>I have attempted to translate the Vulcan salute "Live Long and Prosper" into
|>{tlhIngan Hol}.
|
|Somewhere along the line, Okrand himself translated this, I believe.  Can
|someone dig it up?  O Voragh, Canon-Master?  {{:-)

I replied to this earlier today, but my post seems to have disappeared into
a subspace anomaly (hmmm... 'evnagh wanI' perhaps?). So once again:

	yIn nI' yISIQ 'ej yIchep (Radio Times)

|> I realize that this may not be a typical Klingon expression,

Indeed it isn't. Nice Klingon twist, though: yISIQ. Note he didn't use
-jaj, making this imperative into more of a curse than a blessing. <g>

Voragh

Back to archive top level