tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 06 16:56:54 1997

RE: KLBC

 January 06, 1997 1:43 PM, jatlh loDDoq:

> tera'ngan maH,Suv parHa'be'(At least some of us...)

I assume that you're trying to say "We don't like to fight."  You've got the
words in the right order, but you're missing a bit.  Notice two main verbs in
the second part?  With this, you'll need a sentence-as-object construction.
{'e'}

Also, why bother negating a verb which is already negated?  Instead of
{parHa'be'}, why not simply say {par}?

Finally, if you did indeed mean what I said above, you need the correct
"we-it" prefix, {wI-} and the correct "we, no object" prefix, {ma-}.

maSuv 'e' wIpar.
We don't like to fight.

--
SuStel