tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 14:54:09 1997

RE: KLBC: Does this make sense?

January 03, 1997 7:33 PM, jatlh mIqIraH:

> > HumanvaD parmaq bISovchugh, yangagh.  batlh qorDu'lIj DawIv pagh batlhHa'
> > novHom DawIv!

> I was trying to basically say, "If you love the human, then go <ahem!> him."

> However, we know that  {parmaq} is a noun, so I couldn't come up with a way
> get around it.

Arrgghh!!  The curse of making "love" into a noun!!  Everybody forgets how to
use it as a verb!!

muSHa'  "un-detest."

Let us hope that it doesn't mean "fail to hate someone properly."

Human DamuSHa'chugh, vaj yIngagh!

No need to worry about indirect objects.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level