tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 02 19:39:16 1997

Re: KLBC: hello

Thanks for the pointers, SuStel! Very helpful. Now I have one other
question:

I see that there are no adjectives in Klingon. This means that nouns
serve as adjectives at times, correct? For instance, I translated this
sentence:

> batlh tlhIngan Hol DaHaDchoHpu'!

as, "You have just begun studying the honorable Klingon language." Is
that a correct translation? And if it is, this means that <batlh> which
is <honor> as a noun would function as an adjective here. Would
appreciate any thoughts on this. :)

-- Caryn

"qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh sIjlaH qetbogh loD."
				-- Klingon proverb

[email protected]

Back to archive top level