tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 28 12:25:20 1997

Admin Info

To all you folks who are having trouble unsubscribing, and sending
letters to this list (with apologies to everyone else for the off-topic
post):

The FAQ contains detailed instructions on how to unsubscribe from the
list.  The welcome letter contains instructions, as well as a pointer to
the FAQ.  The FAQ contains a copy of the welcome letter.  The relevant
section of the FAQ is:

	http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm#1.2.3

If you have a problem unsubscribing to this list and you send a letter to
that effect to the list, I will ignore it.  Why?  I'm not being a petaQ,
you have to understand that I do the list administration on a voluntary
basis, and I'm already quite busy as it is.  Since I've taken over
administration, the list has sent me

	1167  Messages about recipients will full mailboxes
	  98  Messages about people who are being ignored
	 996  Messages about recipients with temporary delivery problems
	  86  Messages about people sending invalid requests (rtfm)
	  51  Messages about untracable errors
	 436  Messages about list administration requests
	1686  Messages about other types of list errors

Not to mention the 2455 actual messages from the list.  I don't have time
to respond to every unsub request that gets sent to the list, especially
from people who haven't even taken the time to read the instructions.  If
you *had* read the instructions, you wouldn't be sending the mail to the
list in the first place, but to me directly.

When in doubt, read the FAQ.  Last updated 20-Feb-97.  Never send your
problems to the list.

Again, apologies for the off-topic post.  Thanks,

--d'Armond, List Admin

d'Armond Speers, Research Engineer           phone: 301-548-4073
Thomson Technology Labs / Internet           fax:   301-527-4080
1375 Piccard Drive, Suite 250
Rockville, MD  20850                         email: [email protected]
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers