tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 22 21:16:38 1997

Re: KLBC: Way of the Warrior

----------
> From: Joel Peter Anderson <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: KLBC: Way of the Warrior
> Date: Saturday, February 22, 1997 9:46 PM
>

> > > Not really.  Actually - if it was SAID that way on the show, it would
be
> > > a canonical example of a variant dialect.  Novels, on the
> > > other hand are *NOT* sources of any canonical material (they may USE
> > > canonical stuff, though).
> >
> > Novels are canonical, as long as they are authorized by paramount.
>
> Yikes! I started this again - sorry!
>
> The books are not regarded as canonical, and even John Ordover, the
editor
> at Pocket books says so.  The best example of this is the great book
> _Federation_ that is wildly contradicted by the movie First Contact.

This is very true.  I did not mean that the stories should be considered
canonical, only that the nonsensical Klingon often found in the novels can
be lumped into the category of "Paramount Hol" along with dialogue heard on
TNG and DS9.  In any case, it's not tlhIngan Hol.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level