tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 22 20:36:34 1997

KLBC baby story, corrected + Q's

lut vI'ja' vIneH
Stardate 96460.2 bogh puqloDwI'
I thought I had figured out your stardates.  Don't tell me I'm keen to guess.

DaH jatlhchoH
What I wanted to say was, "He is just begining to learn to talk.  The third
verb made to difficult.  Can it be said in tlhIngan-Hol?

<dadada> chenmoH QIch wa'DIch
nom <dada> moj
Quchbej SoSDaj 'ach mu'mey chu' neH ghaH
<mama> neHba'
mu'mey chu' vIneH neH
jatlh be'nalwI'
DaHjaj Doch neHbogh Hev
DaH <vavavava> jatlh puqloDma'
muquvmoH puqloDwI' jatlhtaHvIS
O.K. what I wanted to say here is,"My son honors me with his words."  This is
the indirect object problem I've heard about.  I took a few stabs using type
5 suffixes, but nothing worked.  So I changed my English to fit my Klingon.
 Now as I rethink the problem, the answer comes;
puqloDwI'

Back to archive top level