tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 21 09:09:17 1997

those darn phonemes

An amusing story, with a bit of background.

I have been practicing my pronounciation by reading every post here,
even if I do not know the words, to familiarize myself with the
language. I also listen to a "pillow tape" of one of the three tlhIngan
Hol tapes.

So, while my wife is getting ready for classes, gatherin her things, she
is mumbling repeatedly the things that she needs. She has a Victorian
Litarature book and a backpack..."backpack, Vit. Lit. Book. Backpack
Vit. Lit. Book"

What do I hear: "backpack. vI'lI' buq"

Just thought I'd share that. 8)

-joH'a'