tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 19 17:30:10 1997

Re: Need some clearification.

DaraQ is asking for help:
> > I have a question in my postal course that asks for a Klingon Translation
> > "I see fools everwhere in this army."
> >
> > which I translate as <Dat mangghomDaq qoHpu' vIlegh>
> >
> > Can I get a judgement on this one?

SuStel offers:

> My judgement is that your sentence is fine.  {Dat} is just as much a locative
>
> as {mangghomDaq} is, it just isn't allowed to use {-Daq}.

but! {mangghom} isn't a location someone is at or approaching, right?
so shouldn't it be more like {qoH Da mangghomvam negh law' 'e' vItu'}?
"I find that many of this army's soldiers behave like fools."

HomDoq

Back to archive top level