tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 18 00:05:40 1997

Re: loQ Colorado-Daq jIleng

In a message dated 97-02-11 10:38:05 EST, ghunchu'wI' writes:

<< cha'maH cha' vatlh loSmaH Hut rep "Indianapolis"-Daq jIpaw. :-( >>

I just prefer the feeling of {"Indianapolis" vIpaw}, using the place word not
as a place where intransitive action occurs but as the Object of
transitivity.  I use {ghoS} from TKD as my example.  Even when -Daq is added
to the Object, the Verb is transitive and the phrase ending with -Daq remains
an Object, not becoming a locative phrase.

peHruS     DenverDaq 'oH juHwIj'e'     Do'Ha' maghomchuqlaHbe'

Back to archive top level