tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 14 08:51:41 1997

Re: bom qonbogh _Esenin_

At 03:12 AM 2/14/97 -0800, 'Iwvan wrote:
>What follows is a free translation of a poem by the Russian/Soviet poet
>Sergej Esenin.  It's from his `Persian Motives', a cycle of lyric poems
>which he wrote on a trip to the Caucasus.  See the end of this jabbI'ID
>for the Russian original and a stanzawise translation into English.  --
>I thank T'Lark for her comments on the first version.  --'Iwvan
>

>  povam qaS wanI'vam.  lojmo' ngatwIj
>  wa' mechwI' vIghoSDI', ghaH vItlhob:
>  <_La'la_vaD _I love you_ ja'meH jatwIj
>  nuq 'oH _Persian_ mu''e'?  qeS HInob!>
>
> (pe'...)

molodjets!  Ja ranshe nikogda ne chital Esenina.  eta poema mne ochen'
nravitsja.
A, kazhetsja, vuyzrazhaet gorazda ne*klingan*-skoje chustvo.  Kstati, chto
eto shroff?

majQa'.  wej *Esenin* bommey vIlaDpu'.  bomvam vIparHa'qu'.  'ach bom qechmey
bIHbe' tlhIngan qechmey, qar'a'?  'ej nuq 'oS mu' <*shroff>?

SKI: I liked the poem, although the sentiment seems somewhat un-Klingon.  also,
what's a shroff?

>Ivan A Derzhanski  <[email protected], [email protected]>
>Dept for Math Lx,  Inst for Maths & CompSci,  Bulg Acad of Sciences
>Home:  cplx Iztok  bl 91,  1113 Sofia,  Bulgaria

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level