tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 13 20:02:50 1997

Klingon sentimentality

|February 13, 1997 1:40 AM EST, jatlh jeyD:
|> 	Also how do you say "I miss you"?
|
|My, what an un-Klingon thing to say! Well, there's no word for "miss," as far
|as I know, so you have to come up with an alternative. It really depends on
|your sentiment.  Are you saying this is a depressed sort of way, or is it
|cheerful?
|
|SuStel

On the other hand, we know very little about Klingon love poetry (except
that Klingon males "duck a lot" while reading it aloud). Consider the
excerpted line from The Klingon Way, p. 17:

	bomDI' 'IwwIj qaqaw.
 	The memory of you sings in my blood.
	("When my blood sings, I remember you.")

That sounds pretty close to "I miss you" to me.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level