tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 12 04:29:55 1997

RE: Word Origin Speculation II

T::>Then you just betray your own ignorance of the old translator's epigram:
 ::>Traduttore traditore. ("The translator is a traitor.") This classic Italian
 ::>proverb reminds us that *all* translations are unfaithful to the original
 ::>to some degree; some more than others. I'm surprised it didn't leap
 ::>immediately to the mind of a "Holtej". This too has been noted before.

 This triggered something for me - doesn't this also (hold on a
 sec) ... yep, I thought so: <<maghwI'>> and <<mughwI'>>, in
 tlhIngan Hol.  Too bad that <<maghwI' mughwI'>> isn't
 grammatical - the correct translation, according to what TKD2ed
 says, is <<maghwI' ghaH mughwI' 'e'>>.

Jeff Zeitlin                                      [email protected]
---
 � OLXWin 1.00b � This tagline inserted by the Dept. of Redundancy Bureau

Back to archive top level