tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 10 18:30:08 1997

Re: A Klingon Wedding

Mark,

Here's something I wrote for the wedding. I'm not even attempting to parallel a
known Terran ceremony (especially because the participants aren't paralleling
this ceremony with the state-sanctioned ceremony and paperwork). Let me know
what you think and remember, I'm really just a beginer.

[Officiate stands at center stage, couple stands
 facing away from each other and two paces apart]

Qam SuvwI' 'ej chalbIngDaq (ghaHtaH)
poSDaq jaghpu'
nIHDaq jaghpu'
DatDaq chaHtaH
SuvtaH
batlh Suv
nIteb Suv
SuvlaHchu' 'ach Heghbej

vaj mamuvchuq
cha' moj wa'
tuq moj cha'
mangghom moj tuqmey
wo' chen mangghommey

*_____*, bIghuH'a'?
     HIja'
*_____*, bIghuH'a'?
     HIja'

[couple takes two steps backwards to stand back to back
 The officiate draws a dagger which he holds above their
 heads. They reach up with their right hands and grasp
 the blade palm down. the couple turns to the left to face each
 other. The officiate  lowers the blade to waist level, the
couple's hands still atop the blade. the officiate places his
hand on top of the couple's hands.]

DaHjaj mobHa' tlhIH
DaHjaj tagh wo'

[the officiate takes his hand away and draws the blade away,
 leaving the couple's hands clasped]

rIn 'oH  [or]  pItlh

[the couple kisses, while doing that, the officiate says loudly]

yIn
batlh
Qapla'

       Lt.Cmdr. Kordite, Executive Officer