tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 05 18:13:40 1997

Re: Quotable quotes

> HIja' tlhIngan Hol JabbI'ID ghom 'oHbej, 'ach tuchlu'be' tera'ngan Holmey.
>
> As mark said, it is often interesting to compare other languages with
> Klingon, to explore possible ways of phrasing things.  I enjoyed it when
> ghunchu'wI included the Italian text, along side the Klingon version, from
> Dante's Inferno,  I am also interested to hear the observations from our
> Spanish and Portuguese members on how Klingon compares to their languages.
> As long as the messages are primarily about tlhIngan Hol, I see no harm in
> the occasional tidbits of other languages.
>

> SuSvaj

	Hi there!
The only things I "dare" to say is the vowels are very similar than
portuguese, mainly the compound vowels: oy, aw, ey, etc!  On the other
hand, there are VERY difficult consoants to speak: tlh, Q, H. It's a good
exercise for our mouth and tong ! :))

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
[email protected]

Back to archive top level